7.03.2005

Its only the beginning...


Today has been a new day. I'm just realizing how rough life truly can be. I can't imagine living in this world, going through daily struggles, decisions, and tragedies and not having the Lord to rely on or to look to for hope. I feel so silly sometimes for shedding tears because I know the Lord looks down and says, "MY child, do not fear. I have you completely in my hands. Let go and let me handle your stuff. TRUST ME for I am the Lord YOUR God!" But as a selfish child, I want to scream "YES!!" but most of the time my actions proclaim "no".

One of my favorite characteristics of the Lord is His Faithfulness. Faithfulness. Can you imagine? A God MORE faithful than the sun rising and the sun setting each day. Faithfulness. And yet, He is more dependable to run to than the sun! There is a song by Skillet that states: "He's more faithful than the morning sun. He's more faithful though the night will come. He's been more faithful than the changing of seasons." If we truly believed that, do you think more would depend on Him with their everything? Thats a challenge I'm raising daily to myself.

I received an amazing quote from Paige Laura Holt in the mail yesterday.

"You will ask me, are you satisfied? Have you got all you want? God forbid. With the deepest feeling of my sould I can say that I am satisfied with Jesus now but there is also the consciousness of how much fuller the revelation can be of the exceeding abundance of His Grace. let us never hesitate to say, this is only the BEGINNING!"

Life has been tough lately. He never said it was going to be easy. But He did say that He would be there to hold our hand and guide us through it. How cool is it that i am at a point in my walk, in my life where I truly have to say, "Lord, I can't do this on my own. When I try, I end up breaking down in my room in tears. I JUST NEED YOU."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Jenn,

I love you and your heart for God! Reading this was such an encouragement, not just in relating it to my life, but also in seeing you pursue God passionately. That makes my heart just sing.

Thinking of you so often... love ya,

Rachel- Colossians 3