This is me and my parents in Ruidoso right after we had lunch at this awesome pizza place downtown.Don't you love those times when you think you've got your head on straight and you are doing great in life and then BAM you get humbled and put in your place all at once?! Yeah.. i feel like i have those moments quite a bit, but what a wonderful way to learn and to truly see that THE LORD IS NOT THROUGH WITH ME YET! So, I've come to the realization: this is what walking with the Lord TRULY is. Its a daily struggle with me, with my flesh, with every human desire i carry in this body! I am such a mess but i have a Heavenly Father who chooses to reign down in this life and wash me clean of this filth i call home way too often. So you might be asking yourself, "jenn, what are you getting at here? what BAM moment did you mention before?" Well, here it is.
I'm sitting in Sugarbrown's, a coffee shop in lubbock, last week enjoying a delightful chai latte and reading Blue Like Jazz when in walks in an old acquaintance from junior high, whom I probably haven't seen since then. Background: me and this acquaintance really didn't even talk or hang out in junior high because I was SO incredibly shy and introverted back then. Wow.. how things change, eh? Back to the point, he comes over and sits down in front of me and we start talking. As i stared into his eyes while listening to him tell me about his life and what he planned on doing with it, i couldn't help but see the lost and emptiness within and behind these words i was hearing. As i noticed this, pain and nausea settled in my stomach and in my heart i felt ashamed. Why had i never shared Christ with this guy? What was i losing with sharing my Savior, my comfort, and my Lord with this friend? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As i realized my fault and my shortcomings, an urgency sprung up within me to share the Gospel with him. As the moment approached for me to share Christ, the friend he had been waiting to meet at Sugarbrown's walked in the door and therefore, caused the ending of our meeting. As i walked slowly out to my car in the parking lot, a feeling of sadness, disappointment, and shame came over me. I shut the door to my car and started to bawl and couldn't stop. I just started praying outloud for his soul and just for guidance in my own life that i might NEVER miss an opportunity like that ever again. As i sat there praying, names upon names came flooding through my head and at that moment, I realized: these are the people that i need to share Christ with once i return to A&M! Do i care about these people enough that i won't let them leave my sight without the satisfaction of knowing that they have had the opportunity to hear about my Christ and the salvation He brings?
My challenge to you Christians out there: Stop living like we have all the time in the world. The truth is we don't. The end is more near now more than ever before. Christ is returning soon to take with Him those who have called out to Him to save them from this life. Are you allowing Him to take as many with Him as possible? Or are you hindering the call of Christ by your laziness or unwillingness to step out of your comfort zone? Get off yourself and live fully for Him.

1 comment:
Jenn,
I love you so much... thanks for challenging me and spurring me on. I can't wait to have coffee with you soon and admire your darling haircut in person.
praying for you,
Rachel
Post a Comment