
#2 Doc Marten's
Oh my goodness. Doc Martens saturated the shoe industry in the late 1990's and were a part of my Christmas list for many years. Whether it was the lace up boots to be worn with Gap's version of the Jenko khaki's {yes.. i was that cool} or the slip on sandal with the flower cut out to be worn with any and everything during the summer, Doc Marten's were a fashion MUST in late elementary/junior high years.
What happened to them? Anyone still wear them? If you do, I would love to be your friend. Do they still sell them? Great memories attached there.
#3 The Matching Windsuit: Zip-up jacket and zip-hemmed pants included.
Sadly.. no picture was found, but give me one person who didn't have the neon colored windsuit jacket and pants.. don't forget the elastic bottoms with the unzip option to perfectly fit over your tenny shoe. I know for me that the outfit wasn't complete unless I had a side pony with ribbon bow tied in my hair. Classic.
#4 Pogs

Pogs. The SLAMMER. The pog case. All very distinctive gifts and a popular game at recess for a year. What happened to them? Can you still purchase pogs or are they obsolete?? I remember we had a Hanson themed pog. Yup. I was cool.
Question: were you cooler if you had PURCHASED more pogs or if you stealthily won more? Just a thought...
And to round out the list...
#5 Digital Pets

Nano kitties. Tamagotchi. These were the RAGE. Feed your pet. Make it go to the bathroom. Teaching responsibility to little children at a young age. I can imagine many parents saying, "Susie, I won't get you that puppy unless you can take care of it.. Here's a Tamagotchi instead." Digital pets. Less of pain on the parents.. endless hours of entertainment for the kids. Genius.
**Side note: I remember my nano kitty. I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day, trying to unclip my pet and struggling. It flung into the toilet, and the digital kitty drowned. RIP kitty. Still remorseful to this day.
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed reliving some childhood memories of them. I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas! May we continue to consider what this holiday is all about. Why Christ came in the first place... The redemption for a broken world. Consider Christ and may all events and conversation be reminded of Him. {Hebrews 12:3}
Stay warm... Drink a vanilla chai... read a great book.. and Merry Christmas:)

No comments:
Post a Comment